Monday 10 April 2017

Use simple fractions and percentages to describe probabilities

Assessment task: Use simple fractions and percentages to describe probabilities


Question 1:


So I worked it out by if you have 6 different topping I worked out who many different pizzas with two topping you could have which was 15 and Penny Wanted 1 pizza so the answer is 1/15 but you can convert 1/15 to a simpler fraction of ⅕ so that is the answer.


Question 2:
Show your working and answers here:
2a: The possibility of pulling out the same colour is ½ so if they pay for two bubble gums each they will probably get the same colour. Spend would be $2.


2b: She will probably have to spend three 50c coins on each twin because there is a one in three chance they will get each colour with three 50c coins. To total spend of $3


2c: ⅓ chance so 3 times per child or $1.50.  Total spend $4.50.


Question 3:


Show your working and answer here:
Q1: Everytime he lays 4 tiles there is four ways of doing it. This happens 5 times so the number of possible ways fred could lay tiles on Sue’s kitchen floor are 4x4x4x4x4= 1024
Q2: This would be 4x4x4x4x4...25 times


My next step is to try to explain my strategies better in more sense because some of my answers I think are a  bit confusing and I can't find a easier way to say some of them , I think I really to work on my time tables to answer questions within questions.


Finally, add the screenshots from the 3 IXL activities you did here:

Activity One
Activity Two
Activity Three

No comments:

Post a Comment